Saturday, May 1, 2010

Jenn's post

So we had to share some more stuff with everyone! First of all, we have been blown away by how much support we have received. We are truly not comfortable asking anyone for money! But God has reminded us that it's really His money and His children are generous and want to support what He is doing in the world. How amazing!!

So for me, Jenn, there is one thing that has really stuck out to me this week. I've been teaching K-5 music at a private school this past school year and it has been a great learning experience, but I will not be able to return next year for financial reasons and time commitments. I have wondered why God would allow me to teach at a school for one year and then leave - it just seems flaky to me. However, I recently learned that the orphanage has started a music program within the last year. What an opportunity I will have to see their program and learn what they have experienced since they started playing their instruments. And who knows what else God has in mind. That is just one way that I can see how God has prepared me in a little way for this trip. Maybe I will be able to contribute something to the orphanage about what I have learned over the past school year. All I know is that God has something planned - I have no idea what He is going to do - but man, I am super excited to find out!!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting if you can teach the little kids some music!

    ReplyDelete